Wishlist Challenge 2013
Hosted by Uniflame Creates, this challenge is to read 12 books that you want to read but don’t already have on your shelves. My list:
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini (coming out in May – I am so excited about this one!)
- The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and The Greatest Treasure Hunt in History by Robert M Edsel
- The Thief of Auschwitz by Jon Clinch
- Heft by Liz Moore
- Before I Wake by Robert Wiersema
- Mrs. Queen Takes the Train by William Kuhn
- Paris Revealed: The Secret Life of a City by Stephen Clarke
- The Art Forger by Barbara Shapiro
- Consider the Fork: How Technology Transforms the Way We Cook and Eat by Bee Wilson
- The List by Martin Fletcher
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- On the Map: A Mind Expanding Exploration of the Way the World Looks by Simon Garfield
I do reserve the right to exchange any of these books (except for the new Hosseini novel) for anything new Rohinton Mistry should choose to publish in 2013, because if that should happen I will be dropping just about everything to read it.
2013 Essay Challenge
Hosted at Books and Movies, this is a fairly simply challenge – read essays. I have several collections of essays already on my shelf so I don’t think it is unreasonable to set a goal of reading 30 essays this year. Two collections I will start with are Shakespeare Wrote For Money by Nick Hornby and The Best American Essays 2012 edited by David Brooks.
Any thoughts on my selections?