It’s Monday! What are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is a chance to share with others what you have been reading and what you plan to read.
This week I managed to finish the following books:
- Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1944-1956 by Anne Applebaum (liked it, but it was pretty heavy reading)
- The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson (liked it, review to come)
I abandoned the following book:
- The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy. I might go back to this one at some point; it just wasn’t holding my interest right now, which is surprising since it’s a novel about a young woman and her experiences living in 1950s Paris.
I am currently reading:
- Lunch with Buddha by Roland Merullo
- Unaccountable: What Hospitals Won’t Tell You and How Transparency Can Revolutionize Health Care by Dr.Marty Makary
With the Thanksgiving holiday I thought I was going to have some extra reading time, but alas, it wasn’t to be. My workload is on the heavy side at the moment so I was forced to bring some work home to finish and I also had to go into the office for a few hours on the weekend. I know I shouldn’t complain, but I really would rather have been reading. I think I should be able to block out some time over the Christmas holiday and that is only a month away ….. something to look forward to!