Today’s Armchair BEA topic is “Ask the Experts”: An opportunity to ask any questions to fellow bloggers and to offer any of our own tips.
Well, I certainly don’t consider myself an expert, but in my blogging experience this is what has worked for me (and these are probably common practices, but just in case….):
- Start writing a review very soon after finishing the book, ideally within a day. I don’t write the whole thing immediately, but if I don’t put down the key things I want to talk about right away I lose the train of thought.
- Try not to read too many other reviews of a book before writing your own. Of course, for many of us reading a review is what gets us to pick up a book in the first place, but I’m referring to reading reviews at the same time you’re writing one.
- Read because you want to, not because you feel you have to. This isn’t school.
My questions for fellow bloggers:
- Is there a real benefit to paying for premium service on a blog platform like WordPress ?
- How do you create buttons?
There are probably other questions but those are the ones I can think of right now. I will likely find out answers to these and other questions I didn’t know I had as I visit more blogs today.