I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be make it to Europe sometime in 2012, but until then I will always have books through which I can virtually travel. This evening I came across this new challenge, The European Reading Challenge, hosted by Rose City Reader.
I think I can easily achieve the Five Star (Deluxe Entourage) status by reading five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries. Just going through my TBR shelves have provided my tentative selections for this challenge:
- Prague by Arthur Phillips (Czech Republic and Hungary)
- The Betrayal by Helen Dunmore (Soviet Russia)
- The Days of Abandonment by Elena Ferrante (Italy)
- All Our Worldly Goods by Irene Nemirovsky (France)
- The Twins by Tessa De Loo (Germany and The Netherlands)
That is quite a nice little tour I’ve set for myself, don’t you think?