Thank goodness for Adam at Roof Beam Reader. Though I didn’t complete his 2011 TBR Pile Challenge I did manage to blow the dust off of a few books; and was pleasantly surprised to have enjoyed a lot of them. So I’m checking in again for the 2012 Challenge and hope to get all of my selections completed.
The rules are the same as last year:
- Read twelve books that have been on your to-read pile for at least a year (you may include two alternate titles).
- You must write a review/response for each one you read.
- You must link your master list to the sign-up post .
Here are my books for this challenge, a mix of fiction and non-fiction:
- Annexed by Sharon Dogar
- My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk
- Mrs. Somebody Somebody by Tracy Winn
- Girl in a Blue Dress by Gaynor Arnold
- The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris
- Postcards from a Dead Girl by Kirk Farber
- Ill Fares the Land by Tony Judt
- The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work by Alain de Botton
- Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen
- The Dead Beat: Lost Souls, Lucky Stiffs and the Perverse Pleasures of Obituaries by Marilyn Johnson
- Ghost Soldiers: The Epic Account of World War II’s Greatest Rescue Mission by Hampton Sides
- Nine Lives: In Search of the Sacred in Modern India by William Dalrymple
My alternate titles are:
Any thoughts on these books?