April was definitely a month of reading highs and lows for me. Early in the month, I spent the most amazing weekend at the Books on the Nightstand Reading Retreat and then at the end of the month I got sick where I couldn’t read anything for a few days.
So let’s hope May is a little more balanced (though I wouldn’t give away my time at the Retreat for anything. It.Was.Awesome.) My reading list:
For Reading Groups:
- Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (I’m going to TRY and read some of this in French)
For Reading Challenges:
- Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery (re-read)
- East of the Sun by Julia Gregson
- Finn by Jon Clinch
- The Reservoir by John Milliken Thompson
- Feeding on Dreams: Confessions of an Unrepentant Exile by Ariel Dorfman
- Jerusalem Maiden by Talia Carner
- The Soldier’s Wife by Margaret Leroy
This should keep me busy for the month! What will you be reading?