It’s Monday! What are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is a chance to share with others what you have been reading and what you plan to read.
Last week I finished the following books:
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
Books in Progress:
- The Uninvited Guests by Sadie Jones
- The Long Road Home: The Aftermath of the Second World War by Ben Shephard
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (audiobook)
So tonight my book club was supposed to meet to discuss The Snow Child but our discussion is postponed until next Monday. Because it is going to be cold. Not snowing, which might make driving difficult, just cold. The forecasted high is 8 degrees F (-14 degrees C), which is certainly chilly but to my Canadian blood that temperature in mid-January is fairly mild. And the fact that it will be “too cold” to discuss a book set in the frigid Alaskan frontier is mildly humorous to me.
And that means my streak of not buying books will go on just a little bit longer. Our group meets at an independent bookstore which I can’t visit as often as I’d like so I was looking forward to buying my first book in 2013 when I came for the discussion. Let’s see if I can keep up the willpower to wait one more week.