It’s Monday! What are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It is a chance to share with others what you have been reading and what you plan to read.
I am just back from a quick visit to Toronto to celebrate my nephew’s first birthday. Gawd he is just so darn cute and so much fun to cuddle! My suitcase was full with gifts for him and his sisters (who will be turning 3 in two weeks) when I left, but virtually empty when I came home.
So during my travels I managed to get some reading in and finished the following books (all in progress before the weekend but completed during it):
- One Good Deed: 365 Days of Trying to Be Just a Little Bit Better by Erin McHugh (liked it, review to come)
- A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines (loved it, review to come). My book club will be discussing this book tonight.
- The Oath: The Obama White House and the Supreme Court by Jeffrey Toobin (liked it, but I probably won’t review it).
Books in Progress:
- The Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1944-1956 by Anne Applebaum
- The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson This was an impulse purchase in Toronto — it says “International Bestselling Sensation” on the cover yet I have never heard of it before this weekend. It has an interesting premise though and that’s what attracted me — on his 100th birthday, before he is to be honored at his nursing home, a man “escapes” out his bedroom window. He has no plan, but of course adventure ensues. It’s a fun read so far.
Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the United States, so for those celebrating I wish you a very happy holiday. After family obligations on Thursday, I hope to use the extra day in the weekend to catch up on my reading.